In this unit we will learn about the history of Acadia and the Acadian people. We will learn about the Grand Dérangement and the impact that it had on the Acadians. Here are the deadlines for the unit:
Work on Part 3 of the packet on Monday, 4/2
Continue slide show and work on Part 4 of the packet on Friday, 4/6
Go over Part 4 of the packet on Monday, 4/9
Work on Part 5 of the packet (names of Acadia) on Friday, 4/13
Introduce the unit presentational assessment and turn in planning sheet, Monday, 4/23
Begin research on Friday, 4/27
Finish research, 4/30 - 5/4
Work on projects in class, 5/7-14
Present projects in class, 5/18 - 21
In this unit we are going to talk about the things we like to do in our spare time. We will also learn how to give our opinions on various things. Here are the deadlines for the Unit 3 packet:
Quizlet flashcards due Monday, 1/22
Exercise A & B & C due Friday, 1/26
Exercises E & F due Monday, 2/5
Exercise G, together in class, Monday, 2/5
Sports et loisirs Bingo, Friday, 2/9
Review for vocabulary quiz, Monday, 2/12
Vocabulary quiz on Friday, 2/16
Now that we have completed our conversation unit, we will be learning about classroom items and commands. Here are the deadlines for the Unit 2 packet:
Quizlet flashcards due Monday, 10/30
Exercise A, together in class, Monday, 11/6
Exercises C & D due Monday, 11/13
Exercises F & G due Friday, 11/17
Exercises H & I due Monday, 11/20
Exercise J, together in class, Monday, 11/20
Mots Croisés due Monday, 11/27
Vocabulary quiz on Monday, 11/27
Conversation assessment with Monsieur Stowe on Friday, 12/1
Bonjour, tout le monde ! Don't forget that the VoiceThread conversation videos were due last Friday, 10/20. Most of you have shared with me already, but for those who haven't, please share them with me by tomorrow, 10/23. Here are the instructions for sharing your videos with me on VoiceThread again:
Once you've recorded your videos in PhotoBooth and exported a copy to your desktop, go onto voicethread.com and sign into your account (user name = your school email and password = frenchclass).
1. At the top of the page, click "Create"
2. On the next page, where you see "add media," drag your video from your desktop and drop it here. It will then prompt you to name your video - just make sure the name you give it includes your name and your partner's name.
3. It may take a few minutes for your video to finish processing. Once it does, click once on the video thumbnail to highlight it. Then click on "Share" at the top of the screen.
4. On the window that pops up, click "Contacts" and then click the + sign to add me as a new contact.
5. Type in my email (email@example.com) and name (Monsieur Stowe) and click "Save."
6. In the next window, click on my name and then choose "Share" in the bottom right. Make sure that the "View" and "Comment" options are green.
And that's it - you're all done! And it will save me as a contact for the rest of the year, making it easier to share video files for other projects.
Bonjour, tout le monde ! Hello, everyone!
This week we will be working on our "Getting to Know You" packets, which includes some fun things that students will prepare to introduce themselves to me and to their classmates. Last week I shared some information about myself as well - perhaps your children will share with you!